Basics of Electricals
- What is Electricity
- Tools / tackles
- Electrical Lab visit / Demo
- Cabling / wiring accessories : Wires & Cables
- Laws of resistance and Ohms Law
- Common Electrical Accessories
Work, Power & Energy
Work, Mechanical Power, Energy, Units of Energy, Pump & it's efficiency, Heating Effects of electric circuits, Wattage of household items, Horse Power.
- Magnetism : Types of Magnets, Terms of Magnetism, Magnetic 7
Needle, Current & Magnetic field, Law of ampere, Solenoid, Self & Mutual Inductance, Hysteresis Loss
- Alternating Current : Alternating Current, Frequency, voltage, RMS value, Average Value, Sine wave, Single Phase, 3 Phase, Line Voltage, TPM Switch, Change Over switch. Clip On meter, Contactor, ON/Off Switch, Reversing Switch, Electrical Measuring Instruments (Description and applications): Multimeter, wattmeter, energy meter, P.F. Meter, Frequency meter (Digital and Analog). Simple AC Circuit
- Generation, Transmission and Distribution Of Electricity Generation (Steam, Hydro, Solar, Nuclear) Distribution Methods, Sub Station, Circuit Breakers, DC Transmission, Underground Cable systems, Cable Construction, Cable Trench
- Lightening arrestor principle and types, HV transmission, surge voltage, lightning arrestors.
Introduction to Renewable and Solar Energy
- Renewable Energy and its prospects various RE sources.
- Introduction to Solar Energy and Solar Radiation, its importance, Differentiate solar PV and solar thermal energy.
- Solar Resource Measurement, Instrumentation and its applications.
Introduction of Photovoltaic Technology and its applications
- Basics of Light to Energy Conversion
- Brief History of Solar/PV cells
- Physics of Energy Conversion in Solar Cell (Current and Voltage)
- Understanding basic terminologies of a PV cell (I-V Curve, efficiency, FF)
- Solar Cells to Module, Module name plate specifications, Module to Array and Basic Structure of PV module
- Classification of PV Modules based upon technology
- Brief on PV Cell/Module manufacturing process
- STC and NOCT test conditions and Characterization of PV Modules
- Factors affecting output of a PV module (Temperature, Irradiance, Tilt angle, cell area, shadowing, dust, mismatch, PV module configurations, MPPT operation etc.)
- PV module defects and degradation in the field (Techniques for identification of defects)
- PV module Testing and Certification Standards
- Applications of PV, different configurations of PV power system: Stand alone, Grid, hybrid system etc.
Components of a PV System: Battery, inverter and Charge con
- Basics of standalone PV system, Balance of System (BOS)
- Introduction: Batteries, type of batteries, operation and structure
- Basic Terminologies of a Battery, Charging & Discharging Characteristics
- Factors affecting Battery operation and Selection Criteria
- Testing standards for batteries
- Introduction: Inverter, type of Inverters, operation, make and specifications
- Basic Terminologies of a Inverter and Characteristics
- Factors affecting inverter operation and Selection Criteria
- Testing standards for inverters
- Basics of Charge controllers, operation and specifications, DC-DC converters
- Types of charge controllers and selection criteria
- Components of a grid connected SPV system (ACB, DB and cabling)
- Types of wires and selection criteria, wire sizing.
- Other components like: Junction Box, Lighting arresters, grounding etc.